Tuesday, July 28, 2009

I moved my itunes to an external hard drive, now when i open itunes, it creates a music library on my c drive

how do i keep this from happening. IN the preferences tab i even moved the music library to my G (my external drive)





when i reopen itunes it empty and I have to reimport


everything which takes forever.





help?

I moved my itunes to an external hard drive, now when i open itunes, it creates a music library on my c drive
When you move where you store your Itunes library, it will import to the new location. I had to delete the first library then change the location. Then import the songs I wanted to Itunes. That reloaded everything on my ipod. There will be a reference file on you C drive still. I also choose the option of Itunes not duplicating the songs on the other drive.





I then backed all my songs to another exterior drive.
Reply:Maybe leave a copy there so it sees it is already there.


No comments:

Post a Comment